The Mackay & District Mountain Bike Club is pleased to announce a challenging, but fun, introduction to the sport for school aged children who do not currently participate in MTB events outside the school environment. All who can ride a bike are welcome.
The day will be coordinated by Mr Peter Lister, MTBA Level 0 & 1 MTB Coach; National MTB XCO and XCC Series Winner (Masters ¾) in 2015; and Head of Faculty HPE Mackay Christian College.
• Relay Teams of 4 (U13 / U15 / U17 / U19) Boys & Girls
• Total ride time for the event for each student approximately 1 hour (eg. Teams of 4 for a 4 hour event).
• XC course to be 1.5-3km in length for safety, spectator and marshalling purposes
• Obstacles on course to be Green-rated by MTBA standards (Easy Course)
Each participant will receive a participation certificate and medal/perpetual trophy for the winning teams.
Date: Friday 13 May 2016
Location: Mackay & District Mountain Bike Club, Rowallan Park, Farleigh.
Equipment: A fully serviced and fully functional Mountain Bike with tyres’ in very good condition, gloves, sunglasses. helmet (Australian Standards approved), spare tube, small hand pump and suitable riding clothing. Water Bottles. Bikes can be hired from Mackay Christian College. Contact sport
Cost: $5 Payable on the day
Time: 8am – 2 pm
NOMINATIONS: Parental Permission/Medical Authority (attached) must be returned to your school by Friday 6 May. ALL REGISTRATIONS THROUGH SCHOOL SPORTS COORDINATORS
• Canteen Facilities: Not Available (Students bring own lunch) Water Provided
• First Aid: Convenor to provide first aid kit only.
• District Convenor: Peter Lister (Mackay Christian College)
Students participating in this District competition will be eligible to attend the following.
1. Capricornia/District MTB Champs at Rowallan Park, Mackay. (Open to All). Sun 17 July 2016
2. State MTB Interschool Championships on the Gold Coast (Selection Only). 27-28 Aug 2016
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Lister at email@example.com
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/563518737158411/