The External Event LiaisonOfficer has responsibility for managing interactions between MAD MTBC and external events that compliment the MAD MTBC.
· Develop a communication medium between the MAD MTBC and external event organisers
· Manage the distribution of information to members and prospective members as directed by the President and the committee
· Act as a facilitator for MAD MTBC for external events.
· The External Event Liaison Officer shall ensure that all business of the MAD MTBC is carried out in accordance with the Constitution, policies and by-laws.
· Assist the Committee in the development of annual plans for the MAD MTBC.
· Assist the Committee in the creation, renewal and approval of new MAD MTBC policies or by-laws for good governance where needed.
· Ensure the planning and budgeting for the future is carried out in accordance with the wishes of the members.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally a External Event Liaison Officer is someone who:
· Is passionate about mountain bike riding in Mackay
· Is or willing to become well informed of all MAD MTBC activities.
· Can communicate effectively and has good interpersonal skills.
· Is concerned with the future directions and plans MAD MTBC.
· Has or is willing to obtain a good working knowledge of the constitution, rules and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees.
· Is positive and enthusiastic.
· Be a member of the MAD MTBC and abide by its policies.
· Has knowledge of the MAD MTBC’s operations, rules and policies.
· Access to internet, email, web, MS Word, MS Excel or equivalent/compatible.